Ulun Danu Temple is a unique Hindu temple set on the beautiful lake of Beratan surrounded by the hills and cool temperature. It is located in the mountain area of Bedugul, north part of Tabanan Regency and 1000 meters above sea level. This temple is surrounded by the water.
Ulun Danu is a beautifully positioned temple built above small projecting land on Lake Beratan, thus it is known as Ulun Danu, a power or head of the lake. The power refers to goddess of prosperity, Sang Hyang Dewi Danu.
Visitors can explore the temple from a distance by renting traditional yacht. Regular temple ceremony is executed every six months called Piodalan, on a day called Anggara Kliwon Julungwan, and the bigger one called Piodalan Agung every 12 months.
Ulun Danu Beratan Temple is consisted of 4 temples complex that are:
- Lingga Petak Temple owns the function to worship the Siwa God
- Penataran Pucak Mangu Temple is referred this gate as Parhyangan ri pinggiring rawa Beratan or Danu Beratan Temple is founded by I Gusti Agung Putu to worship the Hyang ing Parwata or Deity which is placed in Pucak Mangu that is Bhatara Hyang Danawa as according to papyrus of Padma Bhuwana and Usana Bali, because Mangu Mount is located in north direction, hence it is called the Bhatara Hyang Danawa or Wisnu God
- Terate Bang Temple is functioning to worship of Brahma God
- Dalem Purwa Temple is functioning to worship of Danu Goddess which is considered to be miraculous of the Bhatara Hyang Danawa or Laksmi Goddess.
Ulun Danu Beratan Temple Ceremony
The temple ceremony execution at Ulun Danu Beratan Temple is consisted of two types those are:
- The temple ceremony which is executed every six-month (210 days) that on Anggara (Tuesday) Kliwon Julungwangi (Base on Balinese Hindu calendar). Every 12 months (420 days) is executed by the bigger ceremony from the ordinary ceremony, so-called Piodalan Agung
- Pakelem ceremony is executed at any times as according to situation and condition. The Pakelem ceremony owns the function to worship the supremacy and also cheapness of the infinite for award of life, fertility, prosperity, as impact of the existence of ecosystem balance so that give the benefit for life and universe life forever and ever, during Beratan Lake and Beratan Mount stand up.
Photo Gallery Ulun Danu Beratan Temple
We are very happy to be lead and show the attractions you visit so that will also show places that are still unique attractions such as Balinese dance, Balinese customs, Panorama Bali and Local Handicrafts with Bali’s price is very cheap. And you can design a tour or a tour that will visit.
Don’t waste your time…
Call our 24 hours hot line (WhatsApp) at: +(62) 81-2397-7705
E-mail: info @ balibushire.com for further information. You can also reach us via Skye to discuss your travel needs and plans.